Saturday, April 13, 2013

One Week Down...

Well we survived the first week!  Katie is such a trooper.  I'm fairly certain that she believes this cast is just now a part of her body.  She doesn't seem phased by it at all.  She is back to sleeping through the night, and she has still figured out how to move around in her crib.  She's like her big brother in that respect! 
She began at the top of the crib, and woke up, unhappy, at the bottom!  Little stinker!
 
Diaper changes have been a breeze, feeding has been successful...I'd say we've mastered this spica cast pretty well.  Don't get me wrong, I still don't like it.  But, I can live with it.  It's only for a short while.  We will survive!
This week we ordered her spica table--thank you to her Papa Mike for buying it for us! And it will be arriving sometime next week.  I cannot WAIT for it to arrive.  Play time is difficult for a baby in a spica cast because they need to move around a lot--I think she just gets uncomfortable in her various play positions.  We've been getting creative though, and it's been working....but the Spica Table from Ivy Rose Spica Tables will be a life saver!
Someone took over our favorite chair!
 
Doctor's Visit:  We had a visit to her doctor this week, and we scheduled her cast change.  (They change the cast mid way to adapt to her growing body.) It is scheduled for May 31st, which is 8 weeks post the original procedure.  We had originally thought it would be at 6 weeks...so this feels late.  But, I trust the doctor...since he has 38 years more experience than I do.  We were able to talk to him about her procedure, and he said that it went really really well.  He absolutely feels that the procedure will be a success, and even thinks that she won't need the brace after the cast comes off--BUT, he did say that it ultimately depends on her body and her healing.

I continue to pray that she won't need the brace afterwards. 
Gift from a friend--it's perfect. 

Thanks for the continued prayers for our family!  People keep telling me that I'm so strong--I'm not strong, GOD is strong, and your prayers giving me strength!  

7 weeks until the cast change! I uploaded a new app for my phone.  It's my new favorite app!

1 comment:

  1. Haha this is so funny because I have the same pic. My Sofia in the same pink spica cast, same purple bean by from target, and same countdown on my iPhone. Lol!

    ReplyDelete